5 Ways To Say Thanks This Employee Appreciation Day
We always have been and always will be about people and the #powerofpersonal. Your people, employees, direct reports, and coworkers drive the business forward –financially and culturally. And they work hard doing it. That’s why it’s time to say “thanks for the hard work” today, March 3, also known as #EmployeeAppreciationDay.
Here are 5 ways to give thanks for your employees this Employee Appreciation Day (or any day):
1. Say thank you. In a note, in an email, or in person. Recognize your employees or coworkers for what they do well, how they’ve stood out recently, and for the countless hours they put into their job each week.
2. Reward them in any way you are able to: a gift card, a bonus, a trip to a conference, a fitbit, a new office sweatshirt, etc.
3. Time—whether it’s extra time at lunch, flexible hours to spend more time with family, or one-on-one time with leadership.
4. Plan something. Company yoga? A catered lunch? Happy hour? Ice cream sundae bar? Office Olympics? It doesn’t matter, any gesture to show your appreciation.
5. Launch a new program. Employee appreciation day is one day out of the year; show your employees your gratefulness everyday by kicking off new office policies or development programs.
Most importantly, do something. It doesn’t matter how you choose to show your gratitude, as long as you show it.